Wednesday, January 2, 2008

kafka on my mind


FINALLY! I was planning to say just that, but there’s a whole story behind this book. I wanted it when I was still in high school, it was hard to find it back then. I’ve chanced upon it once in Glorietta, it was also P300+ then, but my pocket was empty. When I was in Malaysia, they had a big Haruki Murakami sale at Chapters, and they had Dance, Dance, Dance , Norwegian Wood and The Elephant Vanishes, but no Kafka on the Shore. What funny, funny luck. I want to read his other works too, but I want to read Kafka first and well, I bought the Beckham book instead. I read one of his short stories though, its something about a boy and a girl, twas as oddly illustrated as it is written. But I love it. And now, hay, may kafka na rin ako! And Johnny walker will no longer be just the liquor my dad won’t allow me drink, but a cat-eater. hahaha! and colonel sanders- a pimp! i just love it!

I love kafka like crazy. i’m still on page 335 though and I can’t wait to finish it. Infact because of my darling 15 year old kafka, I still don’’t have a speech for tomorrow. Yikes.


No comments: