Saturday, January 5, 2008

kafka and haruki: the current men of my life

Suddenly and quite inanely I’m interested in Japanese literature. It is to be expected of Ehm whose biggest dream is to go to Japan but not of me. hahaha. Well, I did pick out a book on Japanese poetry from the library ONCE. But that’s kinda it. the one to blame for this sudden addiction is without a doubt, Kafka Tamura. I’m inlove with the character, haha! Not only was I checking out Haruki Murakami’s website but also wikipedia-ing the tale of genji and the tales of moonlight and rain. I was thinking of how the Japanese style f writing enthralls me, only to find out that haruki murakami’s style is a bit on the western side. It’s amazing, the way he writes. You could tell how literate Murakami is with literature and music. If you see the way he looks, there is no way of telling that he is as good of a writer he is. May sense ba yun? Hahaha!

No comments: