Thursday, February 1, 2007

of korean movies

Twigs, live horse, fruits, grand piano, forest background. Few of the things we need for the set design. I am so thrilled about this production. The first and last time I was a part of any prod was back in my elementary days, “Pilandok” in Music Museum. Now, I’m working backstage and it will be a complete new experience for me. Yey! Of course, it’s all fun for now, but it won’t be in the following weeks. But I know that I’d love the intensity, the stress, the sweat and the shouting. That way, I’d really feel that I am a part of this major production.

Bought myself an 8-in-1 DVD, Korean movies. I miss those times when my brother’s Chinese girlfriend, Tracy, used to lend me her DVDs. Anyway, the very moment I got home, 1 cheese roll, a bag of Michell’s chocolate chip cookies, donut and lumpiang toge after, I popped in The Art of Seduction of which I know nothing of. I’m not really that into Korean movies to know the actors by name or to research about it, it was the first movie so I chose it. I seem to think of Korean or Chinese romantic comedies of superior quality than Tagalog films. I’m not being treacherous to my own country, but you have to admit, ours are more on the slapstick part than it is comedy with sense. But I guess I’m just comparing everything to Windstruck, which is my all time favorite movie (and also everyone else’s) I wasn’t able to finish it though; I have to run off to the sunken lobby for the committee meeting. I love the feeling of being uber productive. I love et! Love et, love et! Ha-ha.

No comments: